Just the name alone tells you what to expect…Excellence! There are several beautiful, five-star Excellence Resorts, which we will write about in the future, but this blog is about Excellence Resort Punta Cana.
All Excellence Resorts are adults-only paradises. It’s where you go with that special someone when you want the romance of the Caribbean and some well deserved time off. When is the last time you took a well-deserved vacation from the hustle and bustle of life?
All Excellence Resorts are first class, but with direct flights from several cities, including Houston, Excellence Resort Punta Cana located in the Dominican Republic is the most popular.
At Fox Travel our motto is “We’ve been there!” and we have. Just ask Jim & Donna or Alma here at Fox Travel. See more from Alma here. We love this resort and the white sand beach is to live for. When we send out clients on vacation, we ensure they get all the perks, extras, upgrades, that are often only available to travel agents. Besides, we’ll start your vacation before you even get there. Let us do all the arrangements, booking and communication with the resort for you and you use that time learning about Punta Cana.
Be sure and watch the video at the end to see more about the resort!
The Area and Location
The sound of ocean waves and the rhythms of the tropics are Punta Cana’s soundtrack, complementing a laid-back island culture that welcomes you from the moment of arrival. Be adventurous and go cave exploring, enjoy snorkeling in crystal clear waters or take an exhilarating zip-line. At certain times of the year, you can go whale watching, and there are always fun catamaran sailing to the best snorkeling spots.
You’ll find much to explore. There are wildlife reserves, ecological areas, you can swim with dolphins or take a boat ride over to Isla Saona, one of the most naturally beautiful spots in the Dominican Republic. Make a stop at a sandbar for a dip in starfish-filled waters.
In Punta Cana, there is a magical blend of new and historical. You’ll find 15th-century villages, basilicas, and colonial-ruins. The capital of Santo Domingo is home to the first cathedral in the Americas, the Cathedral, Santa María la Menor. Enjoy a romantic walk through the Colonial Quarters and see the oldest city in The New World.
Excellence Resort Punta Cana is located along a perfect 30-mile stretch of palm-lined coast and is surrounded by a beautiful palm grove, bordering a beach of fine white sand.
It’s easy to access the resort as it’s just 35 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and 75 minutes from La Romana International Airport.
We recommend that you fly directly to the Punta Cana airport as there are numerous scheduled flights and airline charters from the USA and international locations.
What is Included
Guests staying at Excellence Punta Cana will enjoy:
- 24-hour all-inclusive facilities and services
- Special welcome cocktail and cool towel
- Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day
- 9 à la carte dining options
- 1 buffet restaurant for breakfast & lunch
- 1 beach snack grill for lunch with takeaway wood oven pizza and 1 à la carte restaurant for lunch
- 12 bars
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- Unlimited premium and domestic alcoholic beverages
- 24-hour room service
- Pool and beach waiter service
- 4 swimming pools
- 4 outdoor Jacuzzis
- Non-motorized water sports
- Daily activities
- Nightly shows
- Grass Mini Golf
- Tennis clinics
- Game room
- Fully equipped fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Wedding gazebo
- Free wireless internet
- All taxes and gratuities
All Luxury Suites
The rich colors of the Caribbean create the inspiration for beautiful oceanfront surroundings. The décor reflects the hues of the island using sunny yellows, fresh flora greens and blues, imbued with the spirit of the ocean. You’ll find each suite to have both laid-back charm and elegance. Excellence Resort Punta Cana has a variety of suites, some with swim-up access to the pool.
Here are just a few of each suites features:
- King or 2 double beds
- Private and furnished patio or balcony
- Suites with large terraces feature private exterior Plunge Pool
- Suites with Private Pool
- Swim Up Suites
- Fully equipped bathroom with a jetted whirlpool bathtub and separate shower equipped with hair dryer, scales, vanity mirror, VIP amenities and phone
- Bathrobe & slippers
- Interactive media 50” flat-screen TV
- Free calls to U.S.A. & Canada
- Free wireless internet
- Air conditioning with in-room climate control
- Electronic in-room safe
- Espresso Coffee Machine & Tea Maker
- Stocked mini-bar with beer, juices, soft drinks, water & snacks
- In-room premium liquor & wine bottle selection
- Handicapped facilities: 6 ADA rooms for the physically challenged.
- The Excellence Club
The Excellence Club
At each of the Excellence resorts, the Excellence Club represents the ultimate in luxury, privacy, exclusivity and service.
Excellence Club benefits:
- Private check-in & check-out / Late check-out & early check-in (subject to availability) •
- Private lounge (7 am to 11 pm) with concierge service
- Private restaurant for breakfast & dinner
- Private Bar & Smart Buffet (7 am to 11 pm)
- Superior VIP toiletries (Bvlgari)
- Upgraded minibar & room service menu
- Upgraded in-room premium liquor & wine bottle selection
- Nespresso machine
- Private beach
- 2 Private pools & 2 independent Jacuzzis (hot water) at the pool area
- 2 private pool bars
- Daily complimentary Newspaper
- Beach bag
- Shoeshine service
- Daily fruit & petit fours in room
- Fresh flowers and sparkling wine in room upon arrival
Restaurants and Bars
At Excellence Punta Cana, dining is truly international. You have a total of nine irresistible all-inclusive international dining options, 1 buffet restaurant, 1 beach snack grill and twelve bars to choose from, all of which are included with your stay. Some restaurants feature smoking (outdoor seating) and non-smoking sections; others are exclusively non-smoking.
You’ll find French, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Asian, Mexican food…even wood-fired pizza. The resort offers everything from casual to fine dining to romantic dinners for two on the beach. Need snacks or a lunch to take with you on an adventure. They’ve got that too!
Excellence Resort Punta Cana is the perfect aquatic playground. In addition to our location on the Caribbean Sea, we offer four swimming pools (2 of them in the Excellence Club) and four separate Jacuzzis (2 of them in the Excellence Club).
Many suites on the ground floor have either direct pool access or a private pool or a private Plunge Pool.
Beach, Land and Water Activities
Excellence Resort Punta Cana offers a variety of beach, land and water activities each day, including snorkeling gear, deep sea fishing*, introductory scuba lessons, scuba diving with instruction*, bocce, aerobics & water aerobics, fitness, yoga, jogging, Spanish lessons, dancing lessons, cooking lessons, theme nights, beach volleyball and football, tennis, basketball, squash, bicycles, table tennis, darts, board games, archery, air rifle shooting, billiards & grass mini golf.
The concierge can give you information about sites to see in the area, help book trips and tours, snorkeling and scuba adventures, shopping and so much more.
*Additional costs may apply.
Our on-premise state-of-the-art fitness center at Excellence Resort Punta Cana provides a full range of activity and exercise equipment, including treadmills, free weights, stair climbers, Nordic Trac/Universal, Yoga, exercise bikes and a 607-meter jogging course.
Miile Spa at Excellence Punta Cana
Miilé Spa at Excellence Resort Punta Cana is secluded in a beautiful colonial building facing the Dominican mountains. Embrace in the experience of pure relaxation in their private spa garden; discover our water sanctuary, natural native treatments, and rituals that allow you to create your own moments of renewal.
There is a dedicated spa menu for couples with therapies and experiences to share, connect and remember.
- Two relaxing spa gardens with resting loungers
- Our treatment rooms: 14 indoor treatment rooms, 1 Couple’s Spa Suites, 6 Couples treatment rooms
- Facial rooms, Vichy Shower Room, Single rooms, Bride ́s Room, 1 Couple’s outdoor treatment room with breathtaking ocean view
- Our Beauty Center: 3 chromotherapy pedicure stations with garden view, 2 manicure stations, 2 hairstyle stations, 1 hair wash station.
- Aqua Wellness Hydrotherapy Circuit: Hydrotherapy pool with swan high-pressure water hoses, Swedish sauna, Aromatic Steam bath, Swan shower, Ice room, sensations shower, Scottish shower, Rustic and Mist showers
- Dressing Rooms with shower and amenities
- Spa concierge desk, Fresh fruit and beverage bar, amenities including shampoo, body gel, body lotion, deodorant and more
- Bathrobes, towels and sandals
- Spa boutique with beauty and relaxing items for sale
- Fully equipped Fitness Center and Wellness Classroom for Yoga and other fitness techniques.
Weddings, Honeymoons and Anniversaries
So give us a shout with questions about the resort, booking or destination wedding plans! Our agents, Tahnee, Alma and Debbie can be reached:
- By phone Monday – Friday from 9 am to 6 pm CT – 281-363-0808
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook 7 days a week @FoxTravelTX
You can always contact us with the inquiry form below and watch the video while you’re there!
Enjoy our other blogs on Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Resorts – Fly Directly from Houston
- A Hot Destination – Dominican Republic Punta Cana
- Things to Do in Punta Cana and the Dominican Republic
- You Decided to Book a Trip to the Punta Cana Dominican Republic – NOW what (Part 1)
- You Decided to Book a Trip to Punta Cana (Part 2)
Latest posts by Jim Bailey (see all)
- Adult Only Vacations for Couples – Mild, Spicy, Even HOT Travel Options - October 14, 2019
- Windstar Cruises Reviews: Sailing Adventure in the South China Sea - January 31, 2019
- Top 10 Ski Destinations with Insider Tips - December 17, 2018