Are you traveling for the Holidays? Planning a vacation for 2017? Fox Travel has prepared a list of our favorite stocking stuffer ideas for travelers of all ages to help you get a leg up on your holiday shopping.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Adults
- Electronic Accessories Travel Organizer – No more lost, misplaced, or tangled cords with this organizer. With 6 elastic loops, 3 mesh pockets, and 3 mesh zipper pockets, you can keep all your cords, USB adapters, earbuds, SD Cards and more all in one pocket size pouch!
- Portable Luggage Scale – If your luggage doesn’t have a built-in scale, this is a must have for all travelers. If you’re anything like me, you overpack, or buy a lot on vacation and, uh-oh, your luggage is over the weight limit. Don’t let that happen again with this nifty little tool.
- Jet Bag – I don’t know how many times I have been on vacation and purchased a bottle (or 3) of wine. You end up wrapping these glass bottles up in socks and clothes and cross your fingers that it doesn’t break mid route home. Not anymore with these reusable Jet Bags that makes sure your glass bottle purchases are safe from those less than careful baggage handlers.
- All In One Travel Adapter – If you’re a frequent overseas traveler, you’ll need a power adapter at some point. Why not get one that will cover all your needs?
- Cell Phone Lens Kit – Most everyone now uses their smartphone to take pictures. And why not? The picture quality just keeps getting better and better and it’s one less thing to carry around. Sometimes, your smartphone needs a little help and it will get that with this lens and tripod kit for Apple and Samsung phones.
- Night Light/USB Charger – We’ve all been there. You’re in a hotel room with those wonderful blackout curtains, but when you need to get up in the middle of the night, bang, you stub your toe because you can’t see. Save your toes, get this night light that doubles as a USB charger.
- Water Bottle with Filter – No matter where you are you can get clean drinking water with this all in one water bottle with a filter. It’s also great for camping or hiking!
- Fuzzy Socks – Airplanes have two temperatures: Sahara hot, or Artic Tundra. Keep your feet warm with a pair of fuzzy socks that can easily be tucked away in your carry on when not in use.
- Travel Humidifier – Airplanes are dry. They also circulate germs. Help your nasal passages rehydrate, or to help you breath easier if you get a cold with this travel humidifier.
- Bucky 40 Blinks Eye Mask – Now, I know this looks funny, but it really works! I love eye masks, but they would always rub against my eyelashes while I slept causing them to fall out or bend. Not with this baby! You can open your eyes without your lashes touching the mask!
- Headphone Splitter – If you have a family tablet you might want to get a headphone splitter. Now up to 5 people can watch and listen to the same movie.
- Carry on Cocktail Kit – I’m not going to lie, traveling, especially during the holidays, can be stressful. Give yourself a little break with these TSA approved carry on cocktail kits. It comes in five flavors: Old Fashioned, Moscow Mule, Gin & Tonic, Champagne Cocktail and Bloody Mary, just add booze once your onboard and you are set!
- Kindle E-Reader – Again, if you’re like me, you can go through 3 – 4 books on vacation and all those books can add to the weight of your luggage. With a Kindle, preload all your books before you go and you are all set. You can also use the Kindle app on your smartphone for free, but some people don’t like reading on such small screens.
- Tablet – Be it an iPad, Samsung Galaxy, or Kindle Fire, tablets are a great tool to take on vacation with you. You can easily load movies, games, books, magazines, and helpful travel apps to make your journey fly by.
- Travel Steamer – When traveling it’s very easy for your clothes to get wrinkled. Take this lightweight travel steamer with you to make sure you are always looking your best!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids
- National Geographic Kids Books – These books are a great way to have fun and learn about the location or animals you might see on your visit
- Little Passports – This is a great gift that keeps on giving. Kids look forward to receiving their monthly package in the mail that will let them learn about a new destination.
- Book Light – If you are taking a red eye, or arriving after dark, book lights are a great tool for kids to use to read or color on the plane.
- Ho Medics Sound Spa on the Go – If you have one of those kids that can’t sleep around new sounds, this is a great option. It’s small but has several different white noise sounds to drown out the new ones where ever you are at.
- Hasbro Mini Games – These popular classics, like Guess Who?, Connect Four, Battle Ship, and Trouble come in travel sizes! These are great for travel or to take on the go anytime!
- Tablet – Fill this up with age appropriate (and educational) apps, games, and movies to keep your kids busy on long flights.
- Sticker/ Activity/ Coloring Books– These make for a great way to pass the time, you can even find sticker books that talk about the area you are visiting.
- Magnet Games – These are great so you don’t have to get down on the ground in the airport or plane looking for pieces that have dropped.
- Animal Tubes – Small enough to fit into a backpack or carry-on, these animal tubes are a great way to get in some imaginative play when they can’t run around.
- Trunki – OK, I know this isn’t really a “stocking stuffer”, but it is too great to not mention. When kids hit a certain age you really don’t want to bring a stroller anymore, but they still want to be carried when they get too “tired”. These are great because you still have a place to put all their stuff, but when they get tired they can ride on it.
We want to hear from you! Did your favorite stocking stuffer ideas make the list?
- Adult Only Vacations for Singles & Couples – Mild, Spicy, Even HOT Travel Options - September 14, 2022
- Adult Travel to the Caribbean – 15 Best Beach Bars - June 20, 2022
- Adult Only Vacations – 7 Things You Didn’t Know - June 10, 2021